Four millennia ago, on the eastern bank of the Nile river, was laid the foundation of the Temple of Amun-Ra. Over the course of 2,000 years the temple complex was gradually expanded and became widely known as "The Most Select of Places" (Ipet-Isut), boasting the largest religious building in the world. Today, the site is known as Karnak, located at Luxor in modern-day Egypt.
Join ancient Pharaohs in creating and growing one of the most impressive sites the world has seen, honoring the Egyptian gods Horus, Ra, Hathor, Bastet, Thoth, and Osiris. You must carefully manage the balance of your actions, preparing for the reckoning by the goddess Maat.
The shadow... the unique dice mechanism in Tekhenu
Tekhenu is a strategy game with an innovative twist on dice drafting with each die changing some of its characteristics depending on whether it is in the sun, in the obelisk’s shadow – or in the twilight zone between.
Tekhenu comes with:
- 1 large obelisk – the titular Tekhenu
- 1 large game board and 4 individual player boards
- 45 special ability, scoring and setup cards
- 26 six-sided dice in 5 colors: white, black, yellow, brown and grey.
- 40 wooden houses
- 32 wooden pillars
- 36 wooden markers, including production cubes and discs, as well as marker-meeples in four player colors
- 24 custom wooden statues in four player colors
- 50 plus cardboard resource markers
- 1 rulebook